As I was finishing up the first two chapters of my DigiMarketing text book, I came across an interesting term;perpetual beta. In other words, “A constant state of development and experimentation.” (Wertime & Fenwick, 2008) In relation to marketing, I suppose this is a relatively new concept. Marketers have to stop thinking of consumers as simply viewers and realize, that in this new digital world, they are actually participants. However, this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to marketing in the digital realm. In relation to the world at large, I believe we have always been in perpetual beta mode and this is one thing that is not likely to change anytime soon.
Wertime, K., & Fenwick, I. (2008). DigiMarketing. Singapore: John Wiley & Sons (Asia).
- Digitalize Your Marketing Strategy (prweb.com)
- CEO of John Wiley & Sons to Retire (dailyfinance.com)
- Fast Company Looks At The Fast-Changing World Of Advertising (adpulp.com)
- Ten Plus Insightful Reports and Slide Decks on Asia Consumer, Youth and Digital Trends (gauravonomics.com)
- The Big Brand Theory Whitebook: Digital Insights From Industry Leaders (compete.com)